Fort-Dauphin, 614 Fort-Dauphin
Created in 2001 under the aegis of the Museum of Art and Archeology of Antananarivo and the National Institute of Languages and Civilizations France, on the initiative of Jean de Heaulme, the Fort-Flacourt Museum, The Fort-Dauphin (Tolagnaro) site is a military garrison (Second Military Region No. 5 Regiment) housing the museum but also historical infrastructure (bastion, lighthouse , Fort …), a circular walkway and a thematic temporary exhibitions hall. This museum allows to understand 1000 years of history from the origins of the Antanosy settlement until the end of the 20th century. The establishment of the Compagnie des Indes Orientales, the historical links with the island of Bourbon (Reunion Island), as well as the culture, customs and daily life of the local populations are evoked through the quantity of objects, photos And educational materials. Managed today by the Fort-Flacourt Museum Association, which offers a reception staff and guides, the visit of this highly historical place contributes to the promotion of the cultural and historical tourism of the Anosy region. The Ministry of Armed Forces (MFA) has decided to establish a management agreement with the Fort-Flacourt Association including the Fort-Flacourt compound and the areas described as panoramic. The common goal is to develop and promote the development of the historic site, encourage research, manage a cultural space that allows the link between past, present and future. Finally, the Museum aims to raise awareness of the population of the region in the protection of archaeological and ethnographic riches both on land and underwater and for sustainable development. The President of the Malagasy Republic, Hery Rajaonarimampianina, officially inaugurated the Museum on 13 June 2014, during his visit to Fort-Dauphin.